Directory

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings-homemade dough or canned biscuits?

So today i'm going to make chicken and dumplings the "easy" way, by using frozen ready-made dumplings.  I'm going to stick to my basic onion, celery, broth base, but instead of making my own from scratch dumplings, I'll be substituting pre-made.  I wonder how the family will react?  Will they even know these are "cheater dumplings"....well, I guess I will find out.

My normal recipe for the best chicken and dumplings (including a dumpling dough you can also use as biscuits), can be found here: http://martharaydeen.blogspot.com/2010/11/chicken-and-dumplings.html

I'll post pics (and comments) tonight of the "cheater" way...

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Family agreed,...."This was good, but it is NOT chicken and dumplings"...and "This is more like chicken noodle soup, because of the "noodles", not "dumplings"...

    So needless to say, it's back to the homemade way for me!

    ReplyDelete